Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saturday Update

Nathan is still doing great! He is resting now. We had a few issues overnight. His heart rate would drop very low and the surgeon was called. But the surgeon said that as long as all his other stats were ok then he was ok with him being low. So it wasnt too bad. He is also having some issues keeping his oxygen sats up while sleeping. So we need to figure out why.

This morning we went to get a chest x-ray which came back ok. He got to take his last IV out!!!! The IV was in his foot so he hasnt walked yet. But after naps we should do that. He is eating well and playing. He is still in junctional but the doctors again said that he is doing fine with it. He also has 1st degree heart block. But again, his blood pressure and everything else are normal meaning he is handling it well.

My step-father Larry made us some relaxing CD's so we have been playing those. And boy are they RELAXING!! I think Im more relaxed now than I have been in DAYS! Ummm.....maybe that is why Nathan's heart rate goes so low:-) He is just so relaxed listening to the CD's and cuddling with me:-) Which he is loving getting out of bed and sitting with me in the chair. He lets me do his chest PT and just drapes himself over me and gives big hugs! It is adorable. The PT will help move some of the fluid around his lungs. Just patting on the back and stuff like that.

Joshua came to visit (will have pics up soon) They LOVED seeing each other!! It was very special. Gave each other hugs and kisses, it was great.

My mom and I are here today and Jason is with his parents and Joshua. Mom and I are going to work hard to get Nathan up and moving!

That is all for this afternoon! Hope everyone is doing well and THANK YOU EVERYONE for all the prayers and words of encouragement!

No comments: