Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Eventful Afternoon

Well Nathan has had an eventful afternoon in ICU. Scared his mom and dad to death but Im glad to report everything is stable now.

When he got here it seemed that his breathing tube was alittle too high and it needed to be pushed down a bit. Unfortunatly while trying to do this the breathing tube came completely out and he coded. About 15 people came running down the hall. They had to replace the breathing tube but they were having some issues placing it. To make a long story short the nursing staff did an amazing job and he is now stable. I am amazed at watching these nurses.

For now they are keeping him asleep. Im hoping to rest now but as I type this Nathan has decided to open his eyes:-) Hopefully we can get him to rest a bit more......

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness... How scary!! I'm glad they took care of everything. Praying for a smooth recovery for your son.

Anne said...

Hi, Visiting via the Funky Heart blog. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Heart hugs from the Mulvey Family (Owen aged 3 has HLHS - post Fontan)

Sabra said...

I saw a link to your blog on the "funky heart" blog. My 2 year old son Trenton has TGA and a Double inlet left ventricle. He had a Glenn about 18 months ago and, had his Fontan five weeks ago. These kids sure are amazing! I am sure that your son will recover well and before you know it he will be back to his normal self! I will be keeping your family in my thoughts over these next stressful days!
Sabra Burns
www.caringbridge.org/visit/trentonburns