Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Night Before Surgery


Today was pre-op day. We met with the surgeon and a few other doctors. All very informative but I will spare you all the details. :-)

Nathan is doing great. The great thing is he is only 2 1/2 years old and for the most part has no clue what will happen tomorrow. He is just having fun seeing all the sites! We went to the Harvard Medical School yard after meeting with all the doctors. As you can see here he is running up to his future college....as I like to think:-)

The good news is we got first case tomorrow!!! Whooo HOOOOOOOO!!!! Meaning we will be at the hospital at 7am and surgery should start at 8am. The surgery itself will be approx 6 hours but could actually be closer to 8 hours. A nurse will update us about every hour. So I will update everyone about every hour too. So please check the blog to get updates. When Nathan is out of surgery he will go straight to ICU. I will be updating with photos, and I know some of the photos will be hard to look at but it is part of our journey and I know everyone wants to see his progress as the days go on. We wish we could have our family and friends closer so they could visit him but I think this is a great way to share what we are going through.

Nathan is asleep for the night now. He was very tired. I am too, but I doubt sleep will come easy tonight. Thank you everyone for all the prayers and kind words. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful life. Please think of Nathan tomorrow and all the other heart families out there that will be going through this process.

More tomorrow!

Laura

6 comments:

CJ said...

Good luck tomorrow! We're thinking of Nathan and all of you!

SteveC said...

Best wishes for today!

Steve

The Funky Heart

Carrie Flynn said...

Hi. My son Tiernan is 11 months old and will likely have the Fontan in the future. I just wanted to let you know I was led to your blog by Steve Catoe and will be praying for a successful operation today. I'll pray you have peaceful minds throughout and also for steady guided hands for all who touch your sweet Nathan.

Jenny said...

Hello! My daughter Aly is 1 and has HLHS. We have her Fontan coming up in the next year. I also found your blog through Steve and wanted to let you know that we will be praying for your adorable Nathan today.

Unknown said...

Go Nathan Go!!!!

PamO said...

Learned of Nathan's Fontan via The Funky Heart. Our son, Zach just had his Fontan a little over 2 weeks ago and is doing great. We are lifting Nathan up to The Great Physician today during surgery and in the following days of recovery.
Heart hugs,
Pam