Thursday, July 15, 2010

Nathan is having his Cath now!

This morning Nathan and I woke up at 5am.....guess the early bedtime kinda backfired on me:-) But he drank his last cup of apple juice around that time and watched cartoons. Then he asked to eat....from there the morning got hard! I had to tell him he couldnt eat:-( Nathan didnt like this one bit!! But we made it to the hospital at 8:30am. However the doctors were running late. I think the hardest thing to do is keep a 2 year old happy when they are hungry!

At 10am he received his pre-meds:-) I think this is the only time a mother thinks it is cute to see their child high:-) He was in good spirits after that! He got to watch part of Toy Story. When it was time for him to be carried to the OR he was alittle upset that he didnt get to see the ending. But once he got to see the inside of the OR his first words were "OOOOOO AHHHHHH" something like that:-) I have pictures but they are not uploading so I will have to do that once we get home and I will make sure to post it. I layed him on the OR table and he immediately grabbed the doctor and started to point to his pillow. There was something on that pillow that he NEEDED to discuss with that doctor! It was funny:-) I took that as the ok to leave and I noticed that the other doctor was getting his mask ready to put him to sleep.

I am waiting for updates. I had to grab something to eat because when your child has to fast for surgery so does the mother. I am figuring that out. Even sneaking foods to the bathroom in hopes that he wouldnt find me didnt work. Plus I felt guilty!

I will update again soon.

Laura

No comments: