Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pre-Op Day

Nathan and I got to the hospital at 7am this morning. He was full of energy!! The day was full of pre-op testing. Nathan as usual did amazing! I actually was worried that he wouldnt do well for the blood draw so I waited till Jason could get there to help me "hold" him down. Well the boy never really cried! I was so proud:-) Then I thought for sure he would need cuddles from his mommy......nope a sticker and daddy bouncing him around was all he needed. I secretly was crushed. But Im sure by the end of this he may ask for me to cuddle with him. He is growing up though. I met a mom that had a 5 month old that was getting ready to have his first heart surgery. Nathan of course loved seeing a baby and wanted to give him toys. It was very sweet. Kind of a strange feeling that he is getting older and meeting all the babies that will go through what he has already been through.

We ended the day with meeting with Dr. Breitbart. He mentioned that this cath will also tell us if Nathan will just need the straightforward Fontan or the Fontan....plus a bit more:-) This is concerning the obstruction that I have spoken about before. If he does need "a bit more" than the Fontan it could result in a pacemaker. Which we do want to avoid. But, like I have said before, it is what it is. Just another piece to learn more about.

We were out of the hospital by 2pm. Came back to the hotel and "tried" to nap but Nathan wanted nothing of it. So by 6:45pm he was sound asleep for the night and is snoring as I type. Tomorrow we are scheduled for the cath at 8:30am. I will update midmorning!!!

Also- It seems everytime Joshua is in the exam room he always has one question for the doctor, This time it was "What color is a heart" Soooo cute:-) The doctor told him red and Joshua said ok. I think it made him feel like he was apart of the discussion:-)

Thank you everyone for all your thoughts and prayers!!

Love
Laura

No comments: