Thursday, July 29, 2010

Overnight update




Good Morning Everyone

Nathan had an eventful night! Im happy to say the breathing tube is OUT! He did really well and even coughed when they asked him to. Jason took the first half of the night and I got about 3 hours sleep. I feel much better!! But could really use some coffee now:-) Hopefully mom will be here early. Jason is upstairs now sleeping. He worked hard all night and I am SO glad he was here to help.

Nathan kept waking up and trying to climb out of the crib they put him in. Well I told them that he has never slept in a crib and I think that is scaring him. So he got a big boy bed and he is resting MUCH better! He isnt draining much from his chest tubes so there is talk that they might come out late today! Still has the temp pace maker on. Hopefully we can see where we are today with that.

Nathan is not in much pain. The nurses here are keeping him very comfy. I am so happy we are at this hospital! I really love these nurses!!!!

Here are a few pics. You can see the progression Nathan has made just overnight. :-) Not sure if the pictures are in order but the one of him with all the tubes were taken as soon as he got to the ICU....the other two are from 10 mins ago.

Ill update again soon!!

Laura

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Laura, I'm so glad Nathan is staying comfortable and that you guys are right there with him. He is so lucky to be surrounded by a family that loves him so very much.

That is funny about the crib- I'm glad he's in a real bed now! :-)

Sending hugs!!

jambob said...

I came across your blog from Funky Heart today and wanted to read up on Nathan. I read the last two pages of posts and just wanted to offer words of encouragement and prayer for you and your family! My son, Kaston, also has Tricuspid Atresia, etc. etc. He's 7 now, of course post- Fontan, and is an amazing little boy.
We pray continued success for Nathan's recovery, that his chest drainage dries up quickly, that he remain free from infection and human error. May God's peace and rest be with you all during this recovery period.
Jamie Snyder
Amarillo, TX
you can read more about our family's journey with CHD on his carepage at kastonsnyder. OH, and by the way, I love "Welcome to Holland". That was one of the first things I read 7 years ago & it still remains one of my favorites!