Friday, August 27, 2010

Another Doctors visit...

Last night Jason and I noticed that once again Nathans incision was getting red and more swollen. It was late and Nathan didnt have a fever so we decided not to take him in to the hospital. Instead we waited until this morning and went to see his regular pediatrician. Honestly I dont know what is going on with it. It isnt a full on infection. But it isnt healing properly. It is extremely red and puffy and oozing. It is only about an inch. The rest of the incision is completely healed.

So the doctor said that he was "alittle" concerned. But he is willing to try a topical cream. Im happy about this. I am praying that the cream does the trick . I will admit that I really dont want to go back to the hospital. But of course we will if Nathan needs it. Jason and I are really tired. We would like this rollercoaster to stop. We were talking this afternoon and both of us just cant believe how some parents cope with an even sicker child. I cant even think straight these days and had to be convinced that it was 2010 by the lady at the doctors office. My brain just isnt working!!

I am sure Jason and I have learned a lot from this experience. I like to go back and remember things that I have been through and tell myself what I have learned. With this experience I know there is something but I think I wont know exactly until things start to calm down:-) God really doesnt give you more than you can handle. Just when Im about to break I feel him give me that extra push I need.

Im sure this incision thing will eventually work itself out. I just wish we knew what was causing it. Ill let everyone know how it goes with the cream!!!

Please keep praying that it works!

Laura

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see that there haven't been any recent updates. How is Nathan doing? How are you? I hope he is finally healing and that all is well. Looking forward to your next update!

~Elaina